The IO-Link communication interface is an exceptionally useful and effective point-to-point serial communication protocol between a field device and a compatible IO system. This interface is essential to have for businesses wanting to utilise Industry 4.0 to stay competitive. The purpose of this interface is to communicate with IO-Link sensors and actuators that are connected to a master in order to bi-directionally exchange service data, process data and events via the internationally recognised PLC standard IEC 61131. The IO-Link master is able to transmit data through various networks, backplane buses and fieldbuses so it can be easily accessed and used to promptly implement any required action or conduct any long-term analysis via an industrial information system.
The IO-Link communication interface gives businesses a straightforward and cost-effective connection to controls and a way for them to use high level business systems and networks so they can remain competitive in the Industry 4.0 arena.
Reasons to use an IO-Link Communication Interface
- Decrease your expenses – Configurable IO-Link sensors and actuators minimise the amount of money needed to run IO-Link devices and processes.
- Implement innovative machine concepts – Smart IO-Link devices must be continuously communicating with every sensor and actuator to achieve their full potential.
- Reduce commissioning times – IO-Link communication functions with the use of both unshielded cables and industry-standard connection plugs.
- Boost productivity – IO-Link devices are designed to automatically identify and configure themselves.
- Improved maintenance and repair capabilities – Intelligent IO-Link devices are able to self-diagnose any issues and resolve them.
Contact HYDAC Today
Contact HYDAC today by calling 1300 449 322 for more information on how IO-Link digital communication interfaces work and the benefits your company can gain from using one.